This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for lynchburgvirginia.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies and information.
Information Collection, Use and Sharing
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you participate in any form fill on our website. The type of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address and phone number. We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, customize and improve our services and user experience.
- Provide and deliver the products you request, process transactions and send you related information.
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions and events
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services and products.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We do not sell customer information to third parties or divulge personal information to any other source.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on your website to:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. We you submit sensitive information via your website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the URL.
The Office of Economic Development and Tourism will safeguard the confidentiality and security of the information we obtain from you.
The website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.