Lynchburg is an exciting, vibrant city offering visitors and residents a wealth of things to see and experience. Our city and region host a wide variety of annual festivals and indoor and outdoor concerts, boast over 20 engaging attractions and museums, are enriched with abundant natural beauty and recreational opportunities, and innovative restaurants serving an incredible selection of fare.
With so much happening we need your help! Lynchburg needs engaged, educated and empowered members of our community to become knowledgeable and influential Tourism representatives for our city.
About our I Am Lynchburg. Ambassador Program
The Office of Economic Development & Tourism of the City of Lynchburg invites front line assets and residents to participate in our Tourism Ambassador Program. As part of the mission of our I Am Lynchburg Campaign (see other side of this card), the Ambassador Program will give you a visitor’s perspective and inside knowledge of our City’s many tourism products and prepare you to be a helpful and knowledgeable ambassador of Lynchburg for the hundreds of thousands of visitors we welcome each year.
Upon completion of the workshop, you will receive an I Am Lynchburg Tourism Ambassador certificate and the official symbol of hospitality, the coveted pineapple lapel pin. You will also receive passes to local and regional attractions to continue your first-hand experience of Lynchburg and the region!
- Four workshops are offered throughout the year, limited to twenty-five participants for each
- This program is free and open to the public | Registration is required to participate
- Each workshop includes a three-hour interactive classroom session and 90-minute guided bus tour
- All workshops will run from 8:00am to 12:30pm|Continental Breakfast will be available
- Cancellations must be made at least one week before the event
- Ambassador Program Workshop Location: Lynchburg Visitor Center
216 12th Street, Lynchburg, VA 24504
- Call (434) 867-5309 to cancel; emailed cancellations will not be accepted | Substitutions may be made
- Please note that if you do not cancel in advance or attend, you are responsible for a $15 no show fee
October 16, 2020
January 15, 2021
April 16, 2021
July 16, 2021