Spring Hill Cemetery

  • 3000 Fort Avenue
  • Lynchburg, VA 24501

Established in 1852, Spring Hill Cemetery was designed by the notable architect, John Notman, and became active with the burial of Howell Robinson on October 18, 1855. Since the first burial in 1855, the cemetery has become the final resting place for many notable residents of Lynchburg. Among these are the three Confederate Generals Jubal Early, James Dearing and Thomas Munford. Other notable citizens, to name a few, include Major John Warwick Daniel, Colonel Kirkwood Otey, George A. Diuguid, Bishop John Early, Dr. Meta Glass, Carter Glass, Sr., Dr. Rosalie Slaughter Morton and Dr. John Terrell. The cemetery remains active and dedicated to serving the burial needs of the Lynchburg community.

Established in 1852, Spring Hill Cemetery was designed by the notable architect, John Notman, and became active with the burial of Howell Robinson on October 18, 1855. Since the first burial in 1855, the cemetery has become the final resting place for many notable residents of Lynchburg. Among these are the three Confederate Generals Jubal Early, James Dearing and Thomas Munford. Other notable citizens, to name a few, include Major John Warwick Daniel, Colonel Kirkwood Otey, George A. Diuguid, Bishop John Early, Dr. Meta Glass, Carter Glass, Sr., Dr. Rosalie Slaughter Morton and Dr. John Terrell. The cemetery remains active and dedicated to serving the burial needs of the Lynchburg community.

Facility Info