Bedford Historic Meeting House

  • 153 West Main Street
  • Bedford, VA 24523

Just a short thirty miles drive west, the Church building erected in 1838 as first Meeting House for Methodists in the town of Liberty. From 1886 it served a black congregation as St. Phillips Episcopal Church and was purchased by the Bedford Historical Society in 1970 and renovated. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the Virginia Landmarks Register. Tours by appointment. Available for weddings. Rental fee

Just a short thirty miles drive west, the Church building erected in 1838 as first Meeting House for Methodists in the town of Liberty. From 1886 it served a black congregation as St. Phillips Episcopal Church and was purchased by the Bedford Historical Society in 1970 and renovated. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the Virginia Landmarks Register. Tours by appointment. Available for weddings. Rental fee

Facility Info